Positive teacher-student relationships are an important factor in increasing student achievement and motivation as well as decreasing a student's risk of dropping out, substance abuse, bullying, and violence. Learn how to proactively and positively manage your classroom and students and build on their inherent strengths and talents.
Relationship-Driven Classroom Management is the only book to combine resiliency, classroom management, and discipline into one user-friendly format suitable for all teachers. The chapter material covers both preventive strategies and reactive strategies, including:
- Attributes of relationship-driven teachers
- Strengthening relationships with students
- Teaching and modeling social-emotional skills
- Cultivating student responsibility
- Creating and implementing effective consequences
- Building relationships with difficult and resistant students