Integrate global learning activities in your elementary classrooms today with this easy-to-use guide!
This smart, all-in-one resource from widely acclaimed authors Homa Tavangar and Becky Morales provides hundreds of easy, stand-alone activities, resources, and projects to help busy educators:
- Seamlessly integrate global awareness themes into existing K-5 Common Core curriculum
- Recruit parent and community volunteers and organizations
- Use social media for student global collaboration projects
- Plan international events, after-school clubs, and cross-curricular activities
Includes a 12-month timeline, backmapping tips, 50+ ready-to-start projects, and online links.
SAGE Publications; February 2014
- ISBN: 9781483317878
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: The Global Education Toolkit for Elementary Learners
- Author: Homa S. Tavangar; Rebecca L. Morales
In The Press
"This book is a gift to educators with heartfelt, rigorous, and creative strategies to make the shift from the last century to the now. Tavangar and Mladic-Morales have shaped an organized, dynamic, and thoughtful series of both classic and digital approaches to personalizing the global for our learners."