"A wonderful tool for administrators and teachers that offers child-centered resources and ideas to help our learners succeed, thereby making our classrooms more effective. I especially love the sample behavior reports, progress monitoring charts, and the self-monitoring chart. Helping students see that they are responsible for their actions and making them partners in their education are effective practices."
—Megan M. Allen, Fourth-Grade Teacher
Cleveland Elementary School, Tampa, FL
Prevention is the key to a successful school behavior plan!
In today′s increasingly diverse PreK–12 classrooms, problem behaviors can often interrupt instructional time and disrupt learning. Designed for 21st-century school leaders, administrators, behavior specialists, and classroom teachers, this research-based guide offers specific strategies and plans for preventing problem behavior at both the classroom and school level.
Based on the premise that early response to problems can lead to better outcomes for students, the book′s content is framed around four essential areas: foundations, intervention, collaboration, and evaluation. Within these areas, this accessible guide features:
- The latest information on the science and practice of prevention
- Reasons why conflict resolution, peer mediation, and bully-proofing are essential to prevention
- Effective practices for teaching social skills to young children
- Proven techniques for implementing schoolwide positive behavior support
- Tools for using individual behavior plans to prevent problems
- Ideas for home-school and community partnerships and culturally responsible teaching
- Critical strategies for monitoring student progress and evaluating prevention practices
- New, updated chapters, including information on preschool behavior support and RTI
This valuable resource provides all the tools and strategies school leaders and teachers need to keep children focused on learning.