Sensation and Perception covers in detail the perceptual processes related to vision and hearing, taste and smell, touch and pain as well as the vestibular and proprioceptive systems. Individual chapters cover separate topics including the fast-developing areas of perception of emotions and attractiveness and recognition of faces, plus newer topics not seen regularly in other textbooks, for example changes in perception throughout the lifespan and pathologies of perception.
- Chapters begin with summaries of key topics and questions to aid learning
- Includes key points, spotlights on research, and ‘Thinking about Research’ sections, designed to encourage students to design their own studies
- Chapters close with ‘Test Yourself’ questions, a review of key terms and annotated further readings
A Companion Website offers additional resources for lecturers and students available on publication at https://study.sagepub.com/harris
Electronic inspection copies are available for instructors.
SAGE Publications; April 2014
- ISBN: 9781473905009
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Sensation and Perception
- Author: John Harris
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
'The breadth of coverage is greater than most other textbooks of its type. The entertaining summaries and test questions will be enjoyed by undergraduates. The book may be broad, but its coverage is deep, so both graduate students and their supervisors will find it a useful reference for material they do not know they do not know. I shall be recommending this book to my students'