Turn students into learning superheroes!
Every student has superpowers hidden inside, and you hold the keys to unlock them. With this cutting-edge handbook, transform your classroom into a place where students don’t just get
an education—they use their powers to create it. Discover specific, ready-to-use instructional journeys that foster an inquiry-based, student-driven learning environment. Each research-based journey:
- Supports one of the student superpowers: Wondering, Curating, Designing, Digital Inking, Gaming, and Connecting
- Helps students become deep thinkers as required by the CCSS
- Includes step-by-step lesson frameworks, aligned with the Common Core, that fit into your regular day
SAGE Publications; April 2014
- ISBN: 9781483318431
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Unleashing Student Superpowers
- Author: Kristen N. Swanson; Hadley J. Ferguson
In The Press
"Unleashing Student Superpowers is an amazing resource for the creation and enhancement of student-centered classroom environments that focus on high-level questioning, inquiry, and passion-based learning. Each Superpower theme provides linkages to the Common Core and flexible lesson plans that promote relevant skills for students learning, curating, questioning, connecting, authoring, and creating in a digital age."