Learning outside the classroom is a key part of early years and primary practice and is on the rise in settings across the world. This book centres on outstanding outdoor practice and how children can learn and develop in natural environments.
Focussing on children aged from 2-11 this book contains:
- A self-evaluation toolkit for educators to reflect on what they’re doing now and where to develop to be more effective.
- Examples of practice from around the world and in various environments, including urban settings.
- An entire chapter on assessment and planning to help ensure and demonstrate quality of provision.
Looking at all the possibilities and approaches, there are models for practice to suit every setting so that everyone can make outdoor learning part of the core teaching and learning objectives.
Claire Warden is an educational consultant with an international reputation for pioneering work in education and a focus on children’s connection to the natural world. For more details of her work visit www.claire-warden.com
SAGE Publications; September 2015
- ISBN: 9781473906372
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Learning with Nature
- Author: Claire Helen Warden
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
The author has a lovely writing style that demonstrates clarity, knowledge, humour and such strength of reflective practice that you cannot help but love reading this book, whether as a parent, practitioner, carer or early years educator - it is a delight.