From aggression to altruism, prejudice to persuasion, Essential Social Psychology 3e introduces students to the discoveries and debates that define social psychology today. It covers both classic and cutting edge research studies and provides plenty of real life examples and illustrations to help students to develop a good understanding of the subject whilst building the confidence to apply this knowledge successfully in assignments and exams. An extensive range of learning aids including a glossary, summary sections and memory maps – combined with an array of features on the student section of the companion website – will help reinforce this learning and check retention at specific milestones throughout the course.
New to the third edition:
- A new full-colour design
- Two brand new chapters on Applied Social Psychology and Social Psychological Methods
- Coverage of some developing research perspectives including social neuroscience and evolutionary psychology
- New ‘Back to the Real World’ textboxes which situate academic findings in the context of the world around you
- An enhanced SAGE edge™ companion website (study.sagepub.com/crispandturner3e) with a suite of features to enhance your learning experience.
SAGE Publications; September 2014
- ISBN: 9781473908369
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Essential Social Psychology
- Author: Richard J. Crisp; Rhiannon Turner
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
Having endorsed this text book previously, and used it for the last three years, I still get asked by students if it’s still one of those books I wish I had written. This updated edition still manages to convey complicated information to students in a clear and easy to comprehend manner – so yes, it’s still one of those books I wish I’d written.