In the hotly anticipated second edition of Understanding Careers, Kerr Inkson has teamed up with Nicky Dries and John Arnold to take readers on a fascinating journey through the field of Career Studies.
- Interdisciplinary – the text brings together and critiques a range of perspectives, allowing for a broader and more holistic understanding of the field.
- Theory and practice – comprehensive coverage of all the key theories and cutting edge research is related to the real world through over 50 cases studies. A new Careers in Practice section contains chapters devoted to self-development, career counselling, and organizational practices.
- International perspective – contains examples, cases, research, references and statistics from a range of countries.
- Use of metaphor – the text is structured around commonly used metaphors for careers, helping students relate to the ideas presented and providing a framework for analysis and comparison.
Ideal reading for students considering their own career and personal development, as well as those studying career development, career guidance or human resource management within a psychology, education, counselling or business degree.
SAGE Publications; November 2014
- ISBN: 9781473909083
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Understanding Careers
- Author: J. H. "Kerr" Inkson; Nicky Dries; John Arnold
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
A first class text combining the strengths of the earlier version with new ideas from contemporary research and practice. The new chapters on career self-management and organizational management systems are perfect additions making the book an invaluable resource for scholars, practitioners and students alike. Kudos to the authors for this excellent piece of work, and lucky us being able to benefit from their collaboration! The teaching aids offer are an excellent 'toolkit' for educators seeking to prepare students for their future careers: innovative, engaging and thought provoking.