This indispensable guide for new university or college teachers brings together straightforward and practical advice on small group teaching as well as examples of practice across disciplines and a sprinkling of sound educational theory.
Written in a highly accessible jargon-free style, this book comprehensively covers critical areas such as:
- the underpinning foundations and dynamics of small group teaching
- the role and skills of the effective tutor
- tried and tested small group teaching methods and techniques
- guidance on problem-based learning, student-led and tutor-less tutorials
- up-to-date advice on inclusive and non-discriminatory practice
- a review of assessment criteria and methods.
The book offers much needed support and guidance for new and part-time teachers in further and higher education, covering a wide range of teaching scenarios. It will also be critical reading for all those who wish to refresh or invigorate their teaching.