The survival guide for new teachers—now updated!
Thousands of new teachers have relied on this practical resource, both early in their careers and during later transitions. Now in its fourth edition, this best-selling title is newly updated with chapters addressing classroom management, special education, inclusive classrooms and more. The First Year Teacher will help you
- Complete a successful job search and prepare for your new position
- Start the year strong with a 30-day learning plan that addresses instruction, assessment, and classroom management
- Co-teach in an inclusive classroom— particularly valuable for special education teachers
- Build essential skills in planning, managing time, and partnering with families
SAGE Publications; October 2014
- ISBN: 9781483376318
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: The First-Year Teacher
- Author: Karen A. Bosch; Morghan E. Bosch
In The Press
"The First-Year Teacher has been the key to easing the stress of being a new educator. I have been a new teacher, transferred to a new school district, and changed grade levels every year since I have been teaching. Success would not have been possible without Karen Bosch’s book. The First Year Teacher provides teachers with all the tools needed to achieve their utmost as an educator. Teachers can earn the praise of the city, their administration, co-educators, and parents by using the strategies taught in this book. When I am fortunate enough to mentor practicum students and student teachers this is the first resource I give them. If you care about giving superior instruction with optimum organization and preparation this book is a must!"