Teach some of the most important skills your students will ever need!
Executive function skills—including self-regulation, focus, planning, and time-management—are essential to student success, but they must be taught and practiced. This unique guidebook provides a flexible seven-step model, incorporating UDL principles and the use of metacognition, for making executive-function training part of your classroom routine at any grade level. Features include:
- Descriptions of each skill and its impact on learning
- Examples of instructional steps to assist students as they set goals and work to achieve success.
- Strategies coded by competency and age/grade level
- Authentic snapshots and “think about” sections
- Templates for personalized goal-setting, data collection, and success plans
- Accompanying strategy cards
SAGE Publications; March 2019
- ISBN: 9781544338859
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: The Executive Function Guidebook
- Author: Roberta I. Strosnider; Valerie Saxton Sharpe
In The Press
"The Executive Function Guidebook addresses specific tasks that are problematic for students and that often lead to behaviors, frustrations, meltdowns, and a sense of failure. The authors offer practical steps and tips for general and special educators and provide curricular tools such as strategy cards, illustrations, and data collection forms (to name just a few), making this book a complete package that will encourage teachers to address the needs of their students."