CLICK HERE for the paperback version of this book.
A straight-forward, detailed overview of pathophysiology, providing nursing students with clear and simple explanations of the basic principles that underpin health and illness, and the main causes of disease.
The book uses person-centred nursing as its guiding principle (in-line with the new NMC standards) to encourage students to develop a more detailed understanding of specific disorders and learn how to apply the bioscience theory to nursing practice and patient care.
- Full-colour diagrams and figures: all content supported by colourful, reader-friendly illustrations.
- Person-centred bioscience: a fictional family woven through the book encourages students to think holistically about pathophysiology and consider the lived-experiences of different conditions and diseases.
- Online resources: access to online materials for lecturers and students, including multiple choice questions, videos, flashcards, lecturer test bank, an image bank and a media teaching guide.
SAGE Publications; May 2019
- ISBN: 9781526479020
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Essentials of Pathophysiology for Nursing Practice
- Author: Neal Cook; Andrea Shepherd; Jennifer Boore; Stephanie Dunleavy
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
The new nursing curriculum necessitates a new book for students that builds on nursing bioscience knowledge through a person-centred approach to practice. This book does that with ease and uses a fantastic range of learning strategies to make the work of understanding physiology easy for the student.