This new edition brings together leading authorities from across the globe to provide a truly international perspective into educational leadership and management in school and post-school sectors. Covering both developed and developing countries, it is underpinned by a substantially updated analysis of theory, research, policy and practice.
Key topics include:
- How leadership and management differ in education
- An overview of key models of educational leadership
- The relationship between leadership capabilities and enhanced student outcomes
- Leading for diversity and inclusion and the policy and practice challenges that follow leadership for social justice
This is essential reading for anyone taking courses in educational leadership and management at postgraduate level, or as professional development, and for current and aspiring educational leaders seeking to enhance their practice.
SAGE Publications; April 2019
- ISBN: 9781526471222
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Principles of Educational Leadership & Management
- Author: Tony Bush (ed.); Les Bell (ed.); David Middlewood (ed.)
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
This book provides educational leaders and those interested in educational leadership with a very useful synthesis of current theory informing leadership practice. The different chapters offer a variety of perspectives on relevant topics such as the purpose and nature of leadership, approaches to leadership practice and the importance of context.