This title will be released on June 9, 2020.
From museums and monuments to sleepy mountain towns and beaches, history comes to life with Moon Virginia & Maryland. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, including a two-week tour of the best of both states and a week on the eastern shore, with ideas for road-trippers, history buffs, claw-cracking crab lovers, and more
- The top experiences and unique activities: Peep the changing leaves on Skyline Drive, step back in time at Revolutionary and Civil War battlefields, and marvel in awe at the moving memorials of Washington DC. Raft down the Shenandoah River, hike a segment of the Appalachian Trail, or relax on the beach of the quaint (and car-free!) Tangier Island. Feast on oysters and beer in a historic tavern, hit the trendy eateries in Baltimore, or kick back at a crab shack for a taste of Maryland's famous blue crab
- Local insight from native Virginian Michaela Riva Gaaserud on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the landscape, wildlife, climate, and local culture, plus advice for families, seniors, and international visitors
With Moon Virginia and Maryland's practical tips and local know-how, you can experience the best of these two remarkable states.
Hitting the road? Try Moon Drive & Hike Appalachian Trail. Staying in the city? Check out Moon Washington DC.
Avalon Publishing; June 2020
- ISBN: 9781640498679
- Edition: 3
- Title: Moon Virginia & Maryland
Series: Travel Guide
- Author: Michaela Riva Gaaserud
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
Michaela Riva Gaaserud is a native Virginian and longtime resident of the Washington DC area. Some of her earliest memories are of playing travel guide to visiting relatives as they went to the museums and monuments in Washington DC. Inspired by the enthusiasm she witnessed from first-timers to the city, Michaela began looking for hidden secrets to share with her audience. A particularly inspiring school field trip to the underground depths of the Lincoln Memorial sealed her love for discovering and sharing the marvels of her own backyard.
Michaela has published travel guides on various aspects of the Washington DC region, and her articles have appeared in newspapers, magazines, and international publications such as Canoe & Kayak Magazine and Paddler Magazine. She is also a founding partner at Rainmaker Publishing and an executive producer at Eddyline Media.