This title will be released on September 1, 2020.
From the glittering lake to Old West towns and mountain glamour, experience the best of this adventurous region with Moon Tahoe & Reno. Inside you'll find:
With Moon Tahoe & Reno's practical tips and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
- Flexible itineraries, including a week-long Lake Tahoe road trip, long weekends for both winter and summer, and the one-week best of Tahoe and Reno
- Strategic advice for hikers, skiers, beach bums, foodies and brewery lovers, and more
- Outdoor adventures for any season: Hit the slopes and get the first tracks through snow-covered pines, or get your adrenaline racing on the Heavenly Blue Streak zipline. Hike the rugged Rubicon Trail along the shores of Lake Tahoe to the remarkable Vikingsholm castle, explore the crystalline waters of Emerald Bay by kayak, and watch the sun set over the lake
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Drive around Lake Tahoe's 72-mile shoreline, stop at scenic viewpoints, and meander through Old West mountain towns. See what's on tap at Reno's award-winning craft breweries and stroll the streets of the trendy Midtown and artsy River District, or try your luck at a casino
- Expert advice from Tahoe local Nicole Szanto on where to eat, where to stay, and how to minimize your environmental impact
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the weather, wildlife, and history, plus tips on getting there and getting around by car and public transportation
Want to keep on driving? Pick up a copy of Moon Northern California Road Trip
Avalon Publishing; September 2020
- ISBN: 9781640491519
- Edition: 1
- Title: Moon Tahoe & Reno
Series: Travel Guide
- Author: Nicole Szanto; Moon Travel Guides
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
Nicole Szanto is a freelance writer who lives in Glenbrook, NV, a stone's throw from gorgeous Lake Tahoe. She's a hiker, backpacker, skier, and kayaker, but she's also passionate about the less adventurous aspects of Tahoe travel, including its amazing beaches, local shops, and breweries.
Nicole has kayaked all Tahoe's shores and drank a pint at every craft brewery between South Lake and Truckee. She's sought out the area's best swimming holes and gone on expeditions to find its hidden hot springs. She can lead travelers to that perfect stretch of beach even on crowded weekends, and knows how to have a stellar ski trip without breaking the bank.
Nicole has developed content for Reno Food Tours, and currently covers outdoor recreation in Tahoe for websites such as Weekend Sherpa.