This fully updated Second Edition of Dynamics of Media Writing helps students learn transferable skills that can be applied across all media platforms—from traditional mass media formats like news, public relations and advertising, to digital and social media platforms. Whether writing a story, press release or a tweet, today’s media writers must adapt their message to each specific media format in order to successfully connect with their audience.
New to the Second Edition:
- A new chapter on social media discusses the latest developments in this rapidly changing area.
- New Helpful Hints boxes help students hone their media writing skills.
- New and updated information on interviewing, dictionary usage, lead structure and more bring the book fully up-to-date.
- Themes from the former Chapter 14 are now woven through the book to stress the importance of clarity and accuracy, lifelong learning and transferable skills.
- Fake news is now covered in multiple sections to help students both understand and spot it when reviewing the news.
- Additional photos and graphics illustrate the various elements of storytelling to make the information easier for students to apply.
- New "Give It a Try" features at the end of the Adaptand Connect boxes allow students to try out the skills outlined.
Bundle the new edition with the student workbook and save!
Your students save when you bundle this text with a corresponding student workbook. SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more at edge.sagepub.com/filakmedia2e.
Order using bundle ISBN 9781544361970.
Give your students the SAGE edge!