Make Creativity The Center Of The Curriculum!
In our fast-changing world, the ability to think independently and innovatively is no longer a “nice extra”—it’s a survival skill. This book delivers surefire strategies for equipping learners across all grades and subjects with the motivation and critical thinking skills to thrive in our high-tech future.
- Why “one right answer” instruction paradigms discourage critical thinking and risk-taking
- Why merely using the latest technology class does not equate to teaching creatively
- Projects and prompts that ask the question “So what does this mean in the classroom today?”
SAGE Publications; March 2015
- ISBN: 9781483390017
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Teaching Outside the Lines
- Author: Douglas A. Johnson
In The Press
This book is a well-designed resource for busy teachers and administrators. Classroom creativity is essential for lifelong success, and the author develops a compelling argument to teaching students how to do more than respond to standardized test questions. Appropriate for team discussions at every school level and even for parent groups, the clear discussions and practical tips can be used to increase student performance and give students the skills they will use all their lives.