Every primary school teacher needs to ensure that they meet the criteria set out in the Teachers’ Standards. However translating what this means in the classroom isn’t always easy, especially when you're starting out your career in teaching.
This book directly looks at the standards providing guidance on how professionalism can be demonstrated and evidenced in primary schools underpinned by practical examples.
Steps to Success boxes in each chapter look at challenges in the classroom encouraging a reflective perspective on your teaching.
Key coverage includes:
- Effective teaching and learning and what it means to be a learner
- Planning and assessment for successful teaching
- Meeting the needs of all children
- Behaviour management
- The role of subject and pedagogical knowledge
SAGE Publications; February 2016
- ISBN: 9781473966031
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: The Teachers’ Standards in Primary Schools
- Author: Joy Carroll; Genea N. Alexander
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
This straightforward and accessible book will be a valuable addition to every trainee teacher’s toolkit. It not only provides essential guidance on the components of each Standard, the theory that underpins them, and advice on how to evidence them, but also brings them alive in the classroom with practical examples and useful top tips.