Make learning relevant with STEM essential questions
This engaging, teacher-friendly guide helps teachers quickly and confidently infuse STEM concepts into all content areas. Real-world vignettes, sample lesson templates, discussion questions and immediately applicable action steps help you seamlessly promote college and career ready skills.
Use this inspiring guide to:
- Deepen all content areas, including English/ Language Arts
- Promote the 4Cs: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity
- Require students to take risks to solve problems
- Differentiate instruction and scaffold support
- Expand students’ specific measurable capabilities
- Incorporate design skills into the curricula
Save valuable time and confidently develop standards-aligned STEM projects in all content areas!
SAGE Publications; February 2016
- ISBN: 9781506336954
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: STEM-Infusing the Elementary Classroom
- Author: Miranda Talley Reagan
In The Press
"Spirited Teachers Eliciting Memories
Miranda's book is an inspiration for the elementary teacher who wants to begin using STEM in the classroom. She has answered all of the "but what ifs" and the "I'm not sures” and given teachers the answers to the "hows and whys" it will work. STEM-Infusing the Elementary Classroom is full of useful and fun information to guide teachers in this new, exciting area of education. Watching the STEM classes in Miranda’s school, while working on their projects, is amazing. The students work together well, discuss their ideas freely, and take pride in “improving” their projects! Rigor, relevance, and creativity, ...what more can you ask for? I cannot wait to use Miranda's book with my Science and Social Studies Methods Class as an inspiration for our preservice teachers!"