Foster reflective teacher leadership and make real change happen!
Teachers are powerful change agents in the on-going process of school improvement. This insightful, must-read companion guide to Donohoo’s best-selling Collaborative Inquiry for Educators helps school leaders develop a sustainable professional learning culture. Practical suggestions and in-depth research shed light on your path as you explore the benefits and challenges of adopting authentic teacher collaboration across schools and districts. Learn valuable lessons from leaders in the field and discover:
- A rationale and framework for engaging in inquiry
- The vital conditions needed to ensure systemwide collaboration
- Common pitfalls and the four stages of school improvement
SAGE Publications; April 2016
- ISBN: 9781506338491
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: The Transformative Power of Collaborative Inquiry
- Author: Jenni Anne Marie Donohoo; Moses Velasco
In The Press
"By focusing on the importance of teachers as drivers for school improvement, Donohoo and Velasco highlight an important element that is often overlooked in this crucial learning process. Realizing that school improvement is not an event, they help us engage in the collaborative inquiry process in a way that changes culture in schools, leading to improved outcomes for students. Teachers in classrooms, principals in schools and leaders in central offices all play a significant role in creating the conditions for learning and improvement that are outlined in this very timely work."