Online research methods are popular, dynamic and fast-changing. Following on from the great success of the first edition, published in 2008, The SAGE Handbook of Online Research Methods, Second Edition offers both updates of existing subject areas and new chapters covering more recent developments, such as social media, big data, data visualization and CAQDAS.
Bringing together the leading names in both qualitative and quantitative online research, this new edition is organised into nine sections:
1. Online Research Methods
2. Designing Online Research
3. Online Data Capture and Data Collection
4. The Online Survey
5. Digital Quantitative Analysis
6. Digital Text Analysis
7. Virtual Ethnography
8. Online Secondary Analysis: Resources and Methods
9. The Future of Online Social Research
The SAGE Handbook of Online Research Methods, Second Edition is an essential resource for anyone interested in the contemporary practice of computer-mediated research and scholarship.
SAGE Publications; September 2016
- ISBN: 9781473959309
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: The SAGE Handbook of Online Research Methods
- Author: Nigel G. Fielding (ed.); Raymond M. Lee (ed.); Grant Blank (ed.)
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
Online Research Methods are exploding in variety and importance. This new SAGE Handbook provides a much-needed comprehensive treatment of this dynamic and exciting field. From big data, semantic mining, AI, simulations, and visualizations to online focus groups,interviewing, ethnography, video-based research, and much more besides, this volume has everything you need for a broad and deep exploration of the new world of research online.