Moon Travel Guides: Your World, Your Way
Lush mountains, gorgeous haciendas, and perfect weather: explore Colombia's coffee country with Moon Medellín.
With Moon Medellín's practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider's view, you can plan your trip your way.
- Strategic plans for your trip with an adaptable week-long itinerary of the best of Medellín, a walking tour of the city, and highlights of the coffee region
- Curated advice from local writer Andrew Dier, who provides his American-expat perspective on his adopted country
- Full color maps and photos to help you explore on your own
- Activities for every traveler: Taste your way through nouvelle Colombian cuisine and dance the night away to salsa and cumbia music. Wander through the mountainside Biblioteca España, ride a gondola into the verdant Parque Arví, or travel back in time at the Museo de Antioquia. Explore fragrant coffee plantations and the colorful pueblos of Jardín, Jericó, Salamina, and Salento, or hike through lush tropical forests and rugged mountain trails
- Current background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment, plus a handy Spanish phrasebook, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
- Essential insight for travelers on trekking through jungles, accessing remote mountain ranges, and exploring ancient ruins, with tips for traveling safely and respectfully engaging with the local culture
Expanding your trip? Try Moon Colombia
. Country-hopping in South America? Check out Moon Peru
or Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands
Avalon Publishing; July 2017
- ISBN: 9781631215919
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Moon Medellín
Series: Travel Guide
- Author: Andrew Dier
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
Andrew Dier and his Colombian partner Vio arrived in Bogotá from New York City in 2002. It was initially supposed to be a temporary move-a change of scenery for a while-but 10 years and a couple of adopted street dogs later, bustling Bogotá has gradually become their home.
Excited to share his newfound insider perspective on Colombia with others, Andrew traveled the country corner to corner to research Moon Colombia. Colombia has experienced great change during the past decade, transforming itself from a no-go to a must-see destination. Andrew is continuously astounded by the natural beauty of the country and touched by the genuine warmth of its people.
Andrew is a regular contributor to The City Paper, an English-language newspaper in Bogotá, and has written for a number of publications in the United States. He's also become a deft translator, mostly for local nonprofit organizations.