Electronic Inspection Copy available for instructors here
The highly-anticipated Fourth Edition of this bestselling text still succeeds in providing a step-by-step guide to implementing particular methodologies, while simultaneously encouraging a strong awareness of philosophical assumptions.
NEW to the Fourth Edition:
- Expanded coverage to accommodate recent developments in management research methodology. New topics include: doing a literature review, case study research, action research, mixed methods, and writing-up.
- Packed with practical research examples and exercises that encourage students to reflect upon the issues raised and relate them to their own experience.
- Additional learning features including critical reflection boxes, case studies and chapter summaries.
- A companion website with a full Instructors' Manual and PowerPoint slides. Students have free access to downloadable journal articles and author podcasts.
Visit the companion website at www.sagepub.co.uk/gillandjohnson
Using a practical approach, but with explicit attention to the role of theory in management research, the new edition of Research Methods for Managers is a stimulating guide for students in management, organization and organization research.
SAGE Publications; January 2010
- ISBN: 9780857023483
- Edition: 4
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Research Methods for Managers
- Author: John Gill; Phil Johnson
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
'This new edition of a book which has guided countless management research students over the years is now better than ever, powerfully combining down-to-earth practical advice with sophisticated insights into the challenging issues of theory, philosophy and evaluation.'
, Professor of Organisational Behaviour, Nottingham University Business School
'An excellent introduction to the management research arena - this book covers everything the student needs to know.'
, Professor of Occupational Psychology, Manchester Business School
'One of the best books on research methodology for management researchers - a treasure trove of ideas and practical advice for everyone, from the novice to the experienced researcher.'
Professor Andy Neely
, Deputy Director, AIM Research
'I have always used Research Methods for Managers as my preferred text for teaching the fundamentals of the subject. Its strength lies in the way it combines sound guidance on the conduct of research with a clear exposition of underlying philosophical issues. This new edition contains useful new content and aids that will help students master what many find to be a challenging subject.'
Professor John Child
, Emeritus Professor, University of Birmingham