Communication is an essential skill for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals when delivering care to patients and their families. With its unique and practical approach, this new textbook will support students throughout the three years of their degree programme and on into practice, focussing on how to develop person-centredness and compassionate and collaborative care.
Key features include:
* students' experiences and stories from service users and patients to help readers relate theory to practice
* reflective exercises to help students think critically about their communication skills
* learning objectives and chapter summaries for revision
* interactive activities directly linked to the Values Exchange Community website
SAGE Publications; October 2016
- ISBN: 9781473987340
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Communication in Nursing and Healthcare
- Author: Iris Gault; Jean Shapcott; Armin Luthi; Graeme Reid
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
'This book is a comprehensive, evidence-based, handbook for modern healthcare practitioners. Its practical approach ensures key skills are addressed. Informed by shared experiences of healthcare practice and authors' expertise, the reader is provided with an essential toolkit for developing a holistic, reflective, sensitive, value based approach to communicating in health care.'