Hit the Road with Moon Travel Guides!
Discover an America brimming with culture and history, both old and new! Moon New England Road Trip can do everything but change the radio station. Inside you'll find:
With Moon New England Road Trip's practical tips, detailed itineraries, and insider's view, you're ready to fill up the tank and hit the road.
- Maps and Driving Tools: 70 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: You'll know exactly what you want to do at each stop with lists of the best hikes, views, and more. Sample farm-fresh cuisine in the Berkshires, or hit up the famous Tanglewood music festival in the summer. Dive into Boston's revolutionary history, or cruise down bucolic lanes of Woodstock. Take to the sea off the coast of Maine to spot humpback whales and puffin colonies, or lounge on the beach and snag a buttery lobster roll
- Itineraries for Every Traveler: Drive the entire two-week route or follow strategic routes like "A Tour of the Fall Foliage," as well as suggestions for spending time in Boston, New York City, Coastal Maine, The Berkshires, Southern Vermont, New Hampshire's White Mountains, Newport, Cape Cod, and Acadia National Park
- Local Expert: Local New Englander and road warrior Jen Rose Smith shares the highway secrets of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
Looking to explore more of America on wheels? Try Moon Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip
! Doing more than driving through? Check out Moon Boston, Moon Vermont,
or Moon New York State
Avalon Publishing; July 2017
- ISBN: 9781631212475
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Moon New England Road Trip
Series: Travel Guide
- Author: Jen Rose Smith
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
Jen Rose Smith came to New England for the mountains and lakes, then stayed for everything else. She and her husband, Daniel, spend their time exploring the state on by car, bicycle, and ski, searching out the sweetest picnic spots, swimming holes, and snack bars.
Jen is a freelance writer whose work on travel, food, and drink has appeared in Best of Burlington, Local Banquet of Vermont, Vermont Magazine, Traveler's Tales: Best Women's Travel Writing, Culinate, and Overnight Buses.
Jen has also traveled beyond New England, hunting iguanas in Mexico, cooking in Italy, and riding her bicycle across Newfoundland. Her adventures close to home have been just as compelling. There's no other place she'd rather live.