This practical guide helps nursing students and other healthcare professionals promote and improve the health and wellbeing of those with mental health problems by looking closely at the disparities that people with mental health problems face in relation to their physical health.
• Evidence-based techniques such as motivational interviewing and promoting physical activity.
• MCQs at the start of each chapter for readers to test their knowledge.
• Reflection points, activities and case studies to link theory to practice.
• Summaries of key messages to take away.
This is essential reading for all nursing students and healthcare professionals.
SAGE Publications; January 2017
- ISBN: 9781526414335
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Health Promotion and Wellbeing in People with Mental Health Problems
- Author: Tim Bradshaw (ed.); Hilary Mairs (ed.)
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
'Development of knowledge and skills in physical healthcare is crucial for all mental health practitioners. This comprehensive and contemporary text incorporates the key factors involved in addressing the physical health needs and wellbeing of people with mental illness and is relevant for all mental health professionals.'