Moon Travel Guides: Make Your Move!
From visas, to job-hunting, to cultural assimilation, get a head start on your life-changing move with Moon Living Abroad Australia.
Inside you'll find:
Moon Living Abroad Australia takes the hassle out of planning your move, giving you the insider tips, practical resources, and local know-how to start your new life abroad!
- Practical information on setting up the essentials, including visas, finances, employment, education, and healthcare
- Firsthand insight from experienced expat and Melbourne local Ulrike Lemmin-Woolfrey on the country she now calls home
- Tips on finding housing that suits your needs and budget, whether you're renting or buying
- A thorough survey of the many regions, provinces, and individual cultures that Australia encompasses to help you find the right new home for you
- Interviews with other expats who share their personal experiences building successful lives abroad
- How to plan a fact-finding trip before making the move to familiarize yourself with aspects of daily life in Australia: internet and phone access, schooling, banking, insurance, travel, transportation, and more
- Special tips for those making the move with children or pets
Avalon Publishing; September 2017
- ISBN: 9781631216428
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Moon Living Abroad Australia
Series: Living Abroad
- Author: Ulrike Lemmin-Woolfrey
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
When Ulrike Lemmin-Woolfrey's husband relocated to Melbourne, she found herself packing her bags and heading to the land Down Under. At first, the upside-down seasons in Australia threw her a little: hay fever in November, Christmas in summer, and snow in July took some getting used to, but she wasn't deterred. Since then, Ulrike has found plenty to love about Australia and has embraced her new home. She loves walking to the beach - a mere five minutes away - and getting her sugar fix at the many local "lolly" shops. Ulrike believes there is no better continent for a travel addict like herself to call home.
Originally from Hamburg, Germany, Ulrike has lived on three continents and in six countries, including the UK, Qatar, Oman, and the United Arab Emirates. All that moving around has made her a relocation exert - now she loves sharing her knowledge with others as a freelance writer specializing in travel and expat issues.