Experience Amsterdam like a local: on foot!
Wander along Amsterdam's sparkling canals and bask in the diversity of its village vibes and cosmopolitan culture with Moon Amsterdam Walks. This full-color guide features:
With creative routes, public transit options, and a full-city map, you can explore Amsterdam at your own pace, without missing a beat.
- Six customizable walks through the city's hippest neighborhoods, including the Center, Westerpark, the Jordaan, De Pijp, and more, with color-coded stops and turn-by-turn directions
- Foldout maps of each route and a removable full-city map, in a handy, portable guide
- Curated "Top Ten" lists for restaurants, nightlife, museums, and Sunday activities
- The top attractions and the best-kept local secrets: Stroll the canals and admire postmodern architecture, or discover unique boutiques and emerging designers in the buzzing central district. Make like the locals and rent a bike, ride along busy boulevards, and break for a picnic or movie screening at a public park. Explore the city's history in its myriad museums, or peruse contemporary art exhibits in industrial-style galleries. Sip craft beer at a traditional brewery, or artisanal coffee at an outdoor café. Sample seasonal dishes at a trendy farm-to-table restaurant, and dance the night away to DJ sets at the city's hippest nightclubs
- Public transportation options, including bike rentals, tram or metro, and ferry
- Practical tips for first-time visitors, including average costs, where you'll need to make a reservation, public holidays, and getting to and from the airport
Check out our guides to more of the world's liveliest cities, so you can hit the ground running! Also available: Moon Barcelona Walks, Moon Berlin Walks, Moon New York Walks, Moon London Walks, Moon Paris Walks,
and Moon Rome Walks
Avalon Publishing; October 2017
- ISBN: 9781631215933
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Moon Amsterdam Walks
Series: Travel Guide
- Author: Moon Travel Guides
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
Moon City Walks is an innovative series of pocket-sized guides to the world's trendiest cities, designed to help travelers explore on foot, discover hip neighborhoods, and experience the city like a local. These full-color guidebooks feature foldout maps, turn-by-turn directions, and lively pages jam-packed with photos. Moon Travel Guides are published by Avalon Travel, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, in Berkeley, California. For more information, check out the full series at www.moon.com/city-walks/.