Moon Travel Guides: Make Your Escape
Colonial architecture and ancient ruins, romantic plazas and golden beaches: Colombia's Caribbean coastline offers relaxation and adventure in equal measure. Dive right in with Moon Cartagena & Colombia's Caribbean Coast.
With Moon Cartagena & Colombia's Caribbean Coast's practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight, you can plan your trip your way.
- Easy-to-use itineraries, with week-long trip suggestions tailored for adventurers, nature-lovers, beach bums, history buffs, and more
- Honest advice from local expat Andrew Dier on his adopted home country
- Activities and unique ideas for every traveler: Take a tour of Cartagena's historic central district and admire the vivid bougainvillea cascading from the balconies of colonial mansions. Dance to the sounds of salsa and champeta, or walk along the Old City's fortifications at sunset. Hike lush, forested mountains and watch for flashes of colorful feathers. Climb over a thousand stone steps through the cloud forest to an ancient lost city. Visit organic coffee and cocoa farms or relax in a beachside cabaña at an ecofriendly hotel.
- Recommendations on outdoor recreation, including the best beaches for diving, snorkeling, and kitesurfing
- Suggestions for social impact tourism, from staying in a community guesthouse to visiting wildlife preserves
- Strategic tips for making the multiday trek to Ciudad Perdida, the ruins of the ancient Tayrona civilization
- Full-color photos and detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Background information on the landscape, history, government, and culture, including a handy Spanish phrasebook
- Essential insight for travelers on health and safety, recreation, transportation, and accommodations, packaged in a book light enough to fit in your beach bag
Gotta see more of this beautiful country? Check out Moon Colombia.
Expanding your trip? Try Moon Peru.
Avalon Publishing; November 2016
- ISBN: 9781631214288
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Moon Cartagena & Colombia's Caribbean Coast
Series: Moon Handbooks
- Author: Andrew Dier
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
Andrew Dier and his Colombian partner Vio arrived in Bogotá from New York City in 2002. It was initially supposed to be a temporary move-a change of scenery for a while-but 10 years and a couple of adopted street dogs later, bustling Bogotá has gradually become their home.
Excited to share his newfound insider perspective on Colombia with others, Andrew traveled the country corner to corner to research Moon Colombia. Colombia has experienced great change during the past decade, transforming itself from a no-go to a must-see destination. Andrew is continuously astounded by the natural beauty of the country and touched by the genuine warmth of its people.
Andrew is a regular contributor to The City Paper, an English-language newspaper in Bogotá, and has written for a number of publications in the United States. He's also become a deft translator, mostly for local nonprofit organizations.