Building 21st Century communication skills
Students are expected to be innovators, creative thinkers, and problem solvers. But what if they can't communicate their ideas persuasively? Knowing how to share ideas is as crucial as the ideas themselves. Unfortunately, many students don’t get explicit opportunities to hone this skill.
Cultivating Communication in the Classroom will help educators design authentic learning experiences that allow students to practice their skills. Readers will find:
- Real world insights into how students will be expected to communicate in their future careers and education
- Strategies for teaching communication skills throughout the curriculum
- Communication Catchers for igniting ideas
SAGE Publications; February 2017
- ISBN: 9781506356365
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Cultivating Communication in the Classroom
Series: Corwin Teaching Essentials
- Author: Lisa Ann Johnson
In The Press
"Full of convincing rationales, practical tips, and classroom solutions, this book will leave your head spinning with easily-implemented ideas that will energize and enrich your instruction. Johnson has compiled and created a vast array of resources that will improve both the teacher and student experience in lasting and meaningful ways."