Hike through tranquil pine forests and across vast prairies of wildflowers. With Moon 75 Great Hikes Minneapolis & St. Paul, adventure is just outside your door. Inside you'll find:
- A Hike for Everyone, ranging from short, flat routes suitable for families to daylong treks for more ambitious hikers, with options to extend or shorten the journey. All hikes are rated for difficulty and indicate if they are wheelchair-accessible or dog-friendly
- Explore the Trails: Highlights like lakes, rivers, waterfalls, historic sites, wildlife, and wildflowers are noted for each hike
- Maps and Directions: Get around with easy-to-use maps, point-by-point navigation, and detailed driving directions to each trailhead with GPS coordinates and public transit options when available
- Top Hikes throughout the Twin Cities Metro Area including Brainerd Lakes and the Mississippi River Valley, the St. Croix River Valley, the Minnesota River Valley, and Southern Minnesota
- Trusted Advice: Expert outdoorsman and Minnesota native Jake Kulju has been hiking the greater Twin Cities since childhood
- Tips and Tools: Essentials like health and safety information, trail etiquette, and background on the landscape and history of the trails
Whether you're a veteran hiker or a first-timer, Moon's comprehensive coverage and strategic advice will have you ready to lace up your hiking boots and head out on your next adventure.
Looking to experience more of the Midwest's beauty? Try Moon Michigan's Upper Peninsula or Moon Wisconsin.
Avalon Publishing; July 2018
- ISBN: 9781640491830
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Moon 75 Great Hikes Minneapolis & St. Paul
Series: Moon Outdoors
- Author: Jake Kulju
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
Jake Kulju has been hiking Minnesota trails ever since he could tie the laces on a pair of hiking boots. He loves watching red-tailed hawks soaring over meadows, unearthing morel mushrooms, and picking wild blueberries in the areas that surround the Twin Cities. Whether hunting for crayfish on the banks of the Mississippi River, building campfires with driftwood and pine needles, or sleeping under the stars, Jake hardly lets the dust settle on a trail before he comes back for another visit. He believes that if you aren't hiking a Minnesota trail, you probably should be.
Born in north-central Minnesota, Jake currently lives in St. Paul, where he has built a vocation around his love for the great north-woods. He writes a monthly hiking destination column for Outdoor Traditions magazine, and recounts many of his outdoor adventures in his "Reflections" column for the Voyageur Press of McGregor newspaper. Jake is also the editor of the outdoor travel gear website cascadegear.com. More of Jake's work can be found at jakekulju.com.