As a social worker, you are required to communicate in writing for a wide range of purposes and audiences.
This text guides you through all you need to know to develop your social work writing skills:
- Essential elements of written communication
- Writing skills in daily practice
- Macro-practice writing skills: obtaining resources and creating change
- Influencing your professional context
Now with two new chapters on writing for local mass media and writing for social media.
Hot tips for effective writing, reflective exercises & further reading are included in every chapter to help you cement your skills and become a confident and effective written communicator.
SAGE Publications; March 2019
- ISBN: 9781473969193
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Writing Skills for Social Workers
Series: Social Work in Action series
- Author: Karen Healy; Joan Mulholland
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
Effective, clear and communicative writing skills is a highly skilled and intellectual activity for social workers. This 3rd edition of Healy and Mulholland's "Writing Skills for Social Workers" continues to acknowledge and resource students, teachers and practitioners with valuable techniques, tools and practices to be effective communicators. Written in a clear and engaging style this new, revised and updated edition will continue to be a valuable reference text for all practitioners who want to enhance their effectiveness and bringing about positive outcomes by utilising effective writing and communication skills.