Experience a city with Rust Belt roots and a vibrant, creative spirit with Moon Cleveland. Inside you'll find:
With Moon Cleveland's practical tips and local insight, you can experience the city your way.
- Explore the City: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity, with color-coded maps of Cleveland's most interesting neighborhoods
- See the Sights: Root for the Cleveland Indians at "The Jake," check out the legendary costumes, instruments, and handwritten lyrics at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, admire industrial-era mansions, or check out the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Get a Taste of the City: Dine at a trattoria in Little Italy, savor fresh fare at farm-to-table restaurants, sample falafel, pierogis, local cheeses and more at the Westside Market, and relax with a pint at a craft brewery
- Bars and Nightlife: Catch a performance at the House of Blues, play bocce ball in an Irish pub, polka-dance at a popular local happy hour, or sip craft cocktails in a historic lounge
- Local Advice: Douglas Trattner shares insider know-how on the city he calls home
- Itineraries and Day Trips: Explore nearby Lake Erie, Akron, and Amish Country, or follow city itineraries designed for long weekends, rainy days, and more
- Handy tools like full-color photos, detailed maps, and background information on the history and culture of Cleveland
Exploring more Midwest cities? Check out Moon Chicago
or Moon Minneapolis & St. Paul
Avalon Publishing; May 2019
- ISBN: 9781640493568
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Moon Cleveland
Series: Travel Guide
- Author: Douglas Trattner
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
For more than a decade, Douglas Trattner has worked as a full-time freelance writer covering every square inch of Cleveland for local, regional, national, and international publications. His work has been published in Food Network magazine, Miami Herald, Globe and Mail, and Wine & Spirits. In his longstanding role as dining editor of Cleveland Scene, Douglas garnered the title of "Best Critic in Ohio" from the Society of Professional Journalists.
While Douglas still pens weekly restaurant reviews, he is also the founder and managing editor of Fresh Water Cleveland, a digital magazine that covers Northeast Ohio's most compelling people, businesses, and organizations. Douglas is the co-author of two New York Times best-selling cookbooks with chef Michael Symon: Carnivore and 5 in 5.
After writing professionally about his hometown for so long, Douglas assumed there was little left to discover. With fresh eyes, he gave his favorite city a top-to-bottom reexamination during the research of this book. He walked away from the project an even bigger fan of Cleveland, uncovering new shops, restaurants, museums, and hidden gems. He lives in Cleveland Heights with his wife, two dogs, and four chickens.